5 – 5 -5 Method
Have you ever made boiled eggs went to peel them t them only to find out that they aren’t peeling right and your losing half your egg to the shell. If your a mom like me with picky eaters that is a big NO NO because my kids prefer the egg whites. So for the longest time I would just avoid making boiled eggs until April when Easter came around. Until I googled how to cook them PERFECTLY in the Instant Pot. The method is Commonly known as the 5-5-5 Method. You start your eggs in the instant pot for 5 mins then when the timer goes off you let them sit for 5 mins and then after the five minutes is up you release the rest of the pressure and put them in an ice bath for 5 minutes. And THAT’S IT. You will have easiest peeling eggs on the block.
- Eggs (As many as you want)
- 1 Cup Water
- Place Eggs in your Instant Pot
- Pour one Cup of Water into the Pot and close the lid
- Set the Pressure Cooker to Manual for 5 minutes
- After the timer goes off, Let eggs sit and natural Release for 5 minutes
- Afer the 5 Minutes of Natural release turn the knob on the instant pot and quick release the rest of the pressure in the pot
- Transfer Eggs to Ice bath after all pressure is out of the pot and let sit for 5 minutes
- Peel Eggshell
And That’s it, Enjoy!